Friday, April 27, 2007

My life's simple truths

Life's simple truths: (my own survey of self, because no one really cares what your favorite color is, or the last time you smoked was)

Spirituality:

I do not believe that life is pointless, I believe in meaning, purpose, that our reason for being is beyond simple existence.

I do not believe in simple coincidence. I believe in destiny, and fate, yet understand that such things will only take you so far. While they may show you the door and grant the opportunity, it is you alone that can make the choice to move forward through the doorway and accept the opportunity that fate have given you. Wasting such chances to follow your souls path can only lead to the life, you were never meant to live.

I believe each person I met in life, had something to teach me. That I am a student in a classroom we call life, that certain truths exist beyond humanities complete understanding, and those truths can never be told, only learned with time and experience. As my life continues to evolve through my experiences, my memories become the answers to tomorrow's tests.

I believe that my life crosses paths with people over and over again, because there is still something left to give or receive in that relationship, and fate will continue to present the opportunity to fulfill that objective that our existence has in store for us.

I have learned that no single religion has it right, but there are pieces of each of those religions that when placed together along side each other, all say the same message. I've learned that organized religion strips the personal connection with one's spirituality and restricts one's ability to figure out the universe for themselves; No one should be told what to believe.

I do believe in a higher being, a power that influences our existence, but I doubt he's an old gray bearded man in a tunic lying on a cloud, besides, based on natural fact, shouldn't a "creator" be female?

I believe in reincarnation, I think that if we are living through existence for a reason, it is to learn something. Don't be so cocky to assume that everything your spirit needs to learn about existence can be squeezed into a single lifetime, and then wasted sitting on a cloud in paradise. With that said, wouldn't it help to explain why we're so unique, that each of us is learning different lessons in different lives, and helping one another to understand those teachings that our experiences help to present to us.

Romance:

I have tasted true love's kiss

I have fallen in love at first sight

I have met my soul mate and she is everything I thought she'd be and more.

I have had my heart shattered and destroyed, and the pain produced, still echoes through my soul, weakening the walls that bind my sanity. I have found that nothing in life is more painful then a broken heart, and it's debilitating powers can consume ones mind for years, if not forever. I learned through experience that nothing but time can stop the pain, but the scars produced never fade with age.

I have learned that people seem to get dumped a lot more in September, then any other month.

I've taken back someone that hurt me badly, only to have her do it again.

I can honestly say the first thing I look at, are her eyes.

I have learned that you can forgive them, but never forget what they did to you.

I know what it feels like, to love someone so much, that you would willingly sacrifice your life, for theirs.

I know how it feels to be in love with someone beyond your reach, and know that they love you too, but that your lives have made it difficult to act on those feelings and emotions. Instead your love, becomes the ingredients that make your dreams and your desires are banished to your soul for safe keeping.

I know how it feels to sacrifice your own love, for the happiness of someone you've never met.

I have found that you can't have everything you want, but that shouldn't stop you from trying to get what you want, and fighting for everything you have.

I have learned that buying her flowers for no reason, on some random day, seems to have a much greater impact then the three dozen roses on Valentine's Day.

I have ran away from my problems and avoided pain, because I was scared of being hurt. I avoided facing my fears, because there were simply too many to take on at once. But I have learned never to do that again.

I have made my share of mistakes, and despite the pain some brought to my life, I do not regret those choices, for they undeniably helped prevent greater pain later, and helped me to realize those things that are not mistakes, nor regrets.

In the end I guess...

I am just the same, as all the rest.
I am not the worst, but I am not the best.

No comments: