Saturday, April 28, 2007

"Saying everything, without a word spoken"

I can still see those beautiful eyes looking back at me.
They seemed filled with utter sadness and total guilt,
Yet showed me the hope and true love underneath all the pain.
Those eyes always possessed a magical power over my soul,
I could feel myself breaking free from self-imposed restraints,
And the only reprieve that came, was from the cold blowing breeze,
That temporarily set me free, as her bangs obscured her eyes.
Only to lose all self-control again when our eyes locked once more.

The world around us was bitter cold and dark like pitch,
Strangers walked by us, but we heeded their forms little attention,
Traffic passed by and broke the silence of a quiet winter night,
Drowning out the low humming of blinking street lights,
But the only world that mattered to me could be found in her eyes.
Hand in hand, the rest of existence mattered little to us.

A collection of uneasy silence and innocent smiles passed between us,
Talking matters little, when love bonds your souls to each other.
Words can hardly explain emotions that transcend language,
You could never do your true feelings justice with simple speech.
Instead, everything that needed to be said, was explained from within,
And her dark and beautiful eyes, and it broke my heart.

How many times had I stood in this one place on Earth,
And yet this night it seems so unfamiliar, but so comfortable.
A single evening together, that lasted only five brief minutes,
Transcends a thousand other less precious memories of my past.
I will forever remember this one spot, with this single moment in time.
We already share so much of our past, but that night we added so much more.

No comments: